Applicants are invited from suitably qualified and experienced persons to fill the vacant positions of contract Classifier that has arisen in our organization.
Duties And Responsibilities
• Awarding correct tobacco grades to all tobacco that is offered for sale as well as decisively dealing with all cases of improper and suspicious tobacco presentation and deliveries in consultation with the senior classifiers on the sale;
• To positively identify any storage pests and symptoms of such infestation on all bales of tobacco that are offered for sale as well as during any such inspections at tobacco factories, warehouses, tobacco re-handling facilities and during farm inspections to ensure separation of pest infested tobacco from the rest;
• To assist in the collection and collation of data on the sale and during any inspections or investiga-
tions for purposes of producing reports for overall tobacco sales statistics and future planning.
• Conduct inspections at farms, warehouses, factories and tobacco re- handling facilities to ensure separation of pest infected tobacco and recommend for fumigation of such areas to avoid spread of the diseases
• Disseminate information and advisory roles on all issues relating to the marketing and production of tobacco.
Qualifications And Experience
• Diploma/Degree in Agriculture
• TIMB Certificate of competence in tobacco classification
• At least 3 years relevant experience
How To Apply
Submit an application letter and detailed CV addressed to [email protected] not later than 12 March 2020