Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced members for appointment to the above position.
Duties And Responsibilities
Reporting to the Technical Manager, the successful candidates will among other things be responsible for:
• Driving tractors to draw farm implements move materials, trailers, pull out objects embedded in ground, or load heavy material and equipment.
• Using tractors to pull or push agricultural equipment and transport materials.
• Operating tractors safely and efficiently.
• Reporting any faults or concerns to the Technical manager.
• Ensuring tractors are kept clean, tidy and in good working condition even when not in operation.
• Ensuring tractors are given regular or day to day maintenance checks: check oil, water, battery, brakes, tyres etc and ensure tractor repairs are carried out properly.
• Logging official trips, daily mileage, fuel consumption and oil changes.
• Carrying out any activities as assigned by the Management.
Qualifications And Experience
The ideal candidates should be in possession of the following:
• Clean class 5 driver’s license is a must.
• Valid Defensive Drivers Certificate
• At least 3 years’ tractor driving experience.
• Extensive knowledge on tractor operation and other farming equipment.
• The ability to carry out duties unsupervised, in harsh weather conditions and during irregular hours when required.
• The ability to identify and react appropriately to hazards.
• Certificate in tractor driving operation will be an added advantage.
• Age from 30 to 50 years.
How To Apply
The essential qualities demanded by this position are experience in tractor driving and a high degree of integrity & professional conduct. Applications together with copies of detailed CVs should be emailed to [email protected] by not later than 4 September 2020. Kindly include the vacancy being applied for in the subject line of your email.