Reporting to:Procurement & Logistics Manager
Type of Contract:Fixed Term Contract
Main Purpose of the Job
The successful incumbent will be responsible for supporting the Procurement and Logistics Manager to implement the OPHID Transport Policy and to ensure that the OPHID fleet is managed in an efficient and effective manner.
Duties And Responsibilities
Fleet Operational Management and Reporting
– Participate in the preparation of the OPHID Procurement and Logistics Department yearly transport plan to inform the budgeting process
– Allocate pool vehicles at central office to authorized OPHID drivers
– Perform vehicle online tracking and monitor vehicle movement, trace violations and make recommendations for corrective action.
– Review and analyse fuel consumption profiles as recorded in the transport reports, identify areas of high and low efficiency for targeted action
– Preparation of monthly fleet management reports in compliance with the OPHID Transport Policy for review by the Procurement and Logistics Manager.
– Ensure proper maintenance of vehicles, motorcycles and bicycles use records such as log books.
Fleet Maintenance and Usage
– Planning and organizing for cost effective vehicles, motorcycles and bicycles repairs and maintenance as per Manufacturer’s specifications in liaison with service providers.
– Ensure that the preventative vehicles, motorcycle and bicycles maintenance is performed timeously to safeguard OPHID transportation assets.
– Review vehicle and motorcycle log books to ensure completeness and accuracy
– Carry out preliminary investigations on transport related accidents and incidents with the view of managing the risk of exposure
– Participate as the secretariat of the accident review committee in compliance with the OPHID Transport Policy.
– Coordinate will all OPHID departmental heads to determine transport requirements and schedule transport to meet such requirements.
– Ensure the appropriate use, maintenance and repair of all OPHID vehicles in compliance with OPHID policies and procedures.
– Maintain documents such as registration, insurance, vehicle and motorcycle log books, daily inspection reports etc.
– Supervision of all central office drivers, including workforce development and discipline
– Preparation of driver annual leave plans in line with OPHID policies
– Coordinate and implement trainings for drivers on basic vehicle maintenance, safety and security and road safety.
– Supporting management to enforce organisational regulations on vehicle management and ensuring compliance with the Zimbabwe Road Traffic Act.
Vehicle legislation and documentation
– Ensure the necessary vehicle legislation requirements are up to date in accordance with the applicable legislation, by facilitating renewal of vehicle insurance covers and other licenses.
– Ensure that all vehicles are equipped with all the required equipment such as fire extinguishers, medical aid kit, and a spare wheel
– Ensure that all the vehicles are equipped with the necessary documentation such as emergency contact and communication protocol, accident/incident report forms prior to making trips.
– Advise the Procurement and Logistics Manager on changes or amendments regarding the Zimbabwe Road Traffic Act, other applicable legislation and donor rules and regulations.
Management of outsourced vehicles
– Monitor fuel consumption of the outsourced fleet on a weekly basis and submit reports to the Procurement and Logistics Manager
– Ensure maximization and efficient use of the outsourced transport for logistical operations including courier services.
Qualifications And Experience
At least a Degree in Transport Management and Logistics
At least 2 years working experience in a similar capacity
Proficiency and knowledge of ERPs and any fuel/vehicle management system is a must.
Good interpersonal skills
A self-starter able to work with little supervision
Excellent computer skills in Ms Word and Excel
A proactive person with initiative and drive, honest with a high level of integrity, a team player with good planning skills.
How To Apply
Step 1: Click VIEW MORE INFORMATION BUTTON and Complete the Application Form.
Step 2: Submit your cv and application letter via email to : [email protected] clearly indicating the position you are applying for on the subject of the email.