Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced members for appointment to the above position.
Reporting to the Technical Manager, the successful candidates will among other things be responsible for:
Duties And Responsibilities
• Driving trucks.
• Operating trucks safely and efficiently.
• Reporting any faults or concerns to the Technical manager.
• Ensuring trucks are kept clean, tidy and in good working condition even when not in operation.
• Ensuring trucks are given regular or day to day maintenance checks: check oil, water, battery, brakes, tyres etc and ensure tractor repairs are carried out properly.
• Logging official trips, daily mileage, fuel consumption and oil changes.
• Carrying out any activities as assigned by the Management.
Qualifications And Experience
The ideal candidates should be in possession of the following:
• Clean class 2 driver’s license is a must.
• Valid Defensive Drivers Certificate
• At least 3 years’ truck driving experience.
• Extensive knowledge on truck operation.
• Extensive knowledge of applicable truck driving rules and regulations
• Ability to carry diagnose or trouble shoot common truck problems and settings.
• Ability to drive long hours and travel regularly.
• Adaptability and foresight to handle unexpected situations (traffic and weather conditions).
• Self-motivated and willing to work extra hours.
How To Apply
The essential qualities demanded by this position are experience in truck driving and a high degree of integrity & professional conduct. Applications together with copies of detailed CVs should be emailed to [email protected] by not later than 4 September 2020. Kindly include the vacancy being applied for in the subject line of your email.
shortlisted candidates will be contacted