Applications are invited from suitably qualified persons to fill the following post within the Zimbabwe Revenue Authority (ZIMRA) – an equal opportunity employer.
POST – COMMISSIONER REVENUE ASSURANCE AND ENFORCEMENT – LEVEL 2 (1 POST)
REPORTS TO: COMMISSIONER GENERAL
Responsible for criminal investigations, Authority level business intelligence, curbing illicit financial flows and monitoring taxation of international trade. Responsible for quality assurance and recommending cases for prosecution and promotion of voluntary compliance.
• Participates in the executive functions to develop laws, strategies, policies and procedures conducive to the attainment of organizational objectives • Provides strategic leadership to the division, with particular attention on strategies for taxation of e-commerce, formulating risk management strategies for the taxation of specialized sectors and international transactions. • Giving input to strategies towards the eradication of corruption, and automation of processes. • Developing and implementing stakeholder engagement programs and implementing an effective sector based partner relations programs. • Provides strategic leadership and ensures that the divisional processes, operations and practices are in line with the ZIMRA strategic plan. • Develops and effectively leads high performance investigation teams. • Develops effective tax fraud intelligence gathering frameworks. • Effectively manages and deploys divisional resources in support of tax fraud investigations work. • Approves the review of tax legislation, policies and procedure manuals. • Collaborates with ICT on new IT based systems and process designs, development, testing and implementation. • Administers the whistle-blower facility. • Disseminates intelligence to other operational divisions that relate to revenue risks identified. • Promotes voluntary compliance through technical advice, training workshops and meetings with staff and stakeholders. • Effectively utilizes the IRBM Performance Management System for the achievement of divisional and organizational goals.
Job skills and competencies
• At least 10 years working experience in Investigations and Intelligence in a tax or financial services environment, 5 of which should have been at senior management level. • Experience in coordinating executive engagements and building strategic corporate and individual alliances • Strong knowledge of the various Tax Laws of Zimbabwe, such as Income Tax Act, VAT, Customs & Excise • Knowledge of other relevant laws such as the Criminal Procedures and Evidence Act, • Knowledge of the International Association of Law Enforcement Intelligence Analysts (IALEIA) standards. • Knowledge in investigating computerized businesses using modern tools like IDEA etc. • Knowledge of local, regional and international tax matters and tax laws. • Proven blemish-free integrity record.
Qualifications and Experience
• A degree in Accounting / Economics / Commerce / Fiscal Studies / Business Studies / Banking / Finance /Auditing.
• An MBA/MBL/MSc is an added advantage
• Good appreciation of tax law desirable.
• Membership of a relevant professional body is an added advantage.
• Proficiency in SAP or ASYCUDA World is an added advantage
• Clean Class 4 driver’s license
Interested candidates should submit applications, accompanied by a detailed Curriculum Vitae and certified copies of academic and professional qualifications, by not later than 29 November 2019, in sealed envelopes clearly marked ‘Commissioner Revenue Assurance and Enforcement”
Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be responded to.
Applications should be addressed to:
The Commission General Zimbabwe Revenue Authority
6th Floor ZB Centre Corner First Street / Kwame Nkrumah Avenue
P. 0. Box 4360