CITY OF KADOMA
VICTORY PARK HOUSING PROJECT SBU
• Drilling blast holes.
• Loading explosives in blast holes by hand.
• Connecting electrical wires, detonating cords or fuses into series and connecting the series of blasting machines.
• Detonating charges.
• Conducting field tests to determine the type and quantity of explosives required.
• Directing the drilling blast holes and determining the depth and diameter of blast holes.
• Handling, storing and transporting explosives and accessories.
• Reading and interpreting instructions or diagrams.
KNOWLEDGE, ABILITY AND SKILL
• Ability to work as a team with co-workers.
• Ability to work under pressure.
• Sufficient physical strength to perform the required work.
• Due diligence in operations.
• Strong character of sober habits and zero harm culture.
• Knowledge of public safety and security.
• Ability to work outside office working hours a must.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
• Blasting license
• Five “0” levels inclusive of English and Mathematics.
• At least two (2) years post qualification experience.
• A clean class 4 driver’s license.
Interested and qualified candidates are required to submit their application letters together with certified copies of qualifications, certificates and detailed CVs to the undersigned not later than 29 November 2019.
Kadoma City Council Town House, Fitt Square
P.O. Box 460