Applications are invited from suitably qualified, self-motivated and task oriented individuals to fill in the following vacancies that have arisen in the Finance Department.
Valuation Officer Grade 12x 1
Duties And Responsibilities
• To conduct valuation of all residential and residential and non-residential
properties /estate for rating sales, purchases and endowment;
• Advices Council on issues to do with the disposal, acquisition and pricing of immovable property for sale
• Ensures that the properties in the city are included or identified for inclusion in
the valuation roll for the purposes of levying rates and ensuring they are
• Identifies Council owned properties, keeping the lease registers and doing
periodical lease renewals and rent reviews;
• Inspects new/structurally altered and extensions or demolished buildings for revaluation to ensure rates charged are in tandem with the value of the building and location;
• Checks the land use changes which affect the value of property and
• Assesses applications and complaints received on rates charged and rates exemptions and recommending the correct position to council;
• Values plant and machinery on request;
• Advices Council on matters to do with valuation rating policy on request;
Qualifications And Experience
• Degree in Valuation &Estate Management.
• Member of Value’s Council of Zimbabwe it’s a must.
• At least four (4) years’ experience.
How To Apply
Applicants should submit six (6) certified copies of academic and professional certificates and their CVs to the office of the Town Clerk no later than 9 November 2020. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Canvassing will automatically disqualify candidates
City of Mutare
PO Box 910
MALIGWAJ. TOWN CLERK