Mwenezi Development Training Centre [MDTC] is a community based organization operating in Mwenezi, Chiredzi and Beitbridge districts. MDTC implements diversified community development and humanitarian programmes which are funded by various funding partners. The organization has the following vacancies to implement a WFP funded programme (Lean Season Assistance) in Chiredzi and Mwenezi districts from October 2020 to April 2021. Therefore women and men with potential to be high performers are encouraged to apply for these challenging and exciting positions.
Warehouse Assistant (6)
Reporting to the Warehouse Supervisor
Duties And Responsibilities
Responsibilities and duties will include, but are not limited to the following:
• Daily stock count and commodity reconciliations
• Supervise loading and dispatching of food commodities.
• Supervising commodity handlers and
• Assisting in record filing, and making sure that the warehouse cleaner keeps the warehouse as clean as per required standard.
• Re-bagging of torn commodities.
• Counting of commodities on a daily basis making sure that all commodities have been reconciled on a daily basis.
• Updating of tally sheets on a daily basis regardless of whether there has been stock movement or not.
• Making sure that the Warehouse Cleaners perform their duties and keep the warehouse rodent free.
• Updating of the warehouse ledger immediately after stock movement.
• Prepare, verify and sign off warehouse and transport documents, and maintain confidential files and accurate warehouse transaction records to ensure immediate reporting on commodity movements in line with the corporate requirements.
• Report incidences related to LSA to the Warehouse Supervisor within 24 hours of their occurrence.
Qualifications And Experience
Knowledge and Skills
• Excellent computer skills/knowledge in SPSS, MS Word, MS Excel, Power point, presentation and other computer software packages
• Experience in generation of dispatch waybills for food commodities.
• Experience in coordinating commodity handling in a warehouse setup.
• Experience in generation of monthly warehouse reports.
• Experience in working with a local NGO in Logistics.
• Experience in working with Mwenezi Development Training Centre will be an added advantage
• Diploma in stores and inventory management or equivalent.
• Experience in similar position will be considered.
How To Apply
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Due to COVID 19 pandemic No hand delivery of applications will be accepted. Applications are to be send ONLINE with attached curriculum vitae and certified copies of certificates to the Programme Managing Director on the following email address :
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the recruitment processes.
QUALIFIED FEMALE CANDIDATES ARE PARTICULARLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
PLEASE NOTE: ENGAGEMENT DEPENDS ON FUNDING
MDTC DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS (APPLICATION AND INTERVIEW).
DEADLINE FOR SUBMITTING APPLICATIONS: 24 SEPTEMBER 2020