Mwenezi Development Training Centre [MDTC] is a community based organization operating in Mwenezi, Chiredzi and Beitbridge districts. MDTC implements diversified community development and humanitarian programmes which are funded by various funding partners. The organization has the following vacancies to implement a WFP funded programme (Lean Season Assistance) in Chiredzi and Mwenezi districts from October 2020 to April 2021. Therefore women and men with potential to be high performers are encouraged to apply for these challenging and exciting positions.
Warehouse Supervisor (1)
Reporting to the Field Supervisor
Duties And Responsibilities
Responsibilities and duties will include, but are not limited to the following:
• Overall supervision of the day to day running of activities within the Warehouse
• Secure secondary transporters services and making sure that highly competitive transporters have been engaged in consultation with the Field Supervisor.
• Monitor condition of the warehouse and commodities and take appropriate actions, to support efficient warehouse space-planning and well-organized commodity storage following WFP warehouse standards.
• Effectively receive/dispatch commodities including transshipment (truck to truck) against official approved documentation (e.g. waybills and/or delivery notes) ensuring accuracy in physical count of commodities including the quality in compliance with the established standards.
• Conduct daily stock reconciliations and prepare reports on the quantity and quality of the commodities received/dispatched and handled, detect promptly and analyze reasons for stock discrepancies/damages, investigate missing quantity and prepare warehouse loss reports recommending appropriate solutions, to enable informed decision-making.
• Production of warehouse reports on a weekly and monthly basis making sure that all warehouse reporting standards have been followed in line with the WFP requirements
• Provide guidance and on-the -job training to warehouse staff to contribute to their development and high performance.
Qualifications And Experience
Knowledge and Skills
• Excellent computer skills/knowledge in, MS Word, MS Excel, and other computer software packages.
• Experience in Warehouse commodity management.
• Experience in generating monthly Extended Distribution Point (EDP) reports.
• Experience in Commodity Handling Invoices, Secondary Transporter Invoices, Security Invoices as well as monthly commodity tracking reports and producing these reports.
• Experience in working with a local NGO in Logistics.
• Experience in working with Mwenezi Development Training Centre will be an added advantage
Education: Degree/Diploma in Logistics, Stores and inventory management or equivalent.
Experience: Minimum of 4 years’ experience in Logistics and in food assistance distribution movement.
How To Apply
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Due to COVID 19 pandemic No hand delivery of applications will be accepted. Applications are to be send ONLINE with attached curriculum vitae and certified copies of certificates to the Programme Managing Director on the following email address :
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the recruitment processes.
QUALIFIED FEMALE CANDIDATES ARE PARTICULARLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
PLEASE NOTE: ENGAGEMENT DEPENDS ON FUNDING
MDTC DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS (APPLICATION AND INTERVIEW).
DEADLINE FOR SUBMITTING APPLICATIONS: 24 SEPTEMBER 2020