Women Economic Empowerment Specialist will build internal and external technical capacity in the rolling out of VSLAs, IGAs, School resilience projects and Vocational and Technical skills development in schools and targeted communities in Buhera and Mutare districts so as to ensure continued education for adolescent girls and young women including those living with disabilities.
Duties And Responsibilities
Key duties and Responsibilities
• Contributes to the development of overall project implementation plans which falls under his or her role (including procurement, financial and vehicle use and other resource) that are responsive to the project needs
• Provides input to project assessments such as Youth analysis Baseline, Gender Analysis and End line processes and apply the findings from these processes into project activities as relevant
• Leads in the strategy development for the implementation of VSL activities in schools and communities
• Develops and shares VSL and school resilience capacity development materials (such as training aides, manual, forms) with partners and project staff
• Develops VSL and school resilience capacity development plans for targeted communities
• Conducts trainings with project officers, relevant stakeholders and communities on VSL methodology
• Provides technical coaching and mentoring to VSL Groups, youths and school resilience projects
• Monitors teaching and learning quality in schools as well as implementation of IGAs, VSLs, and DRR and school resilience projects
• Documents lessons learned on the implementation and impact of project interventions
• Conducts regular monitoring visits to schools and communities in areas of operation
• Participates in quarterly and annual report writing sessions for donor submission, including leading on the development of certain sections of the report as required.
• Establishes and maintains relevant district level relationship with key stakeholders (e.g. MoPSE, Ministry of Women Affairs, Community, and SMEs Development,) in furtherance of his/her work in close collaboration with the Team Leader
• Ensures that IASC core principles and Safeguarding standards are met and maintained accordingly during project planning and implementation.
Qualifications And Experience
• Degree in Development studies/Entrepreneurship/Social Sciences/Economics/Sociology/Adult Education or equivalent
• Experience with participatory learning and teaching pedagogy
• Minimum of three (3) years of experience in Community development providing technical support to savings clubs in communities/ schools/ Adult training VSLAs, financial literacy and IGAs and skills development
• Demonstrated understanding of the education environment of Zimbabwe.
• Experience working with groups in supporting education initiatives
• Understanding of the Zimbabwean education policy, TVET policy and institutions and new curriculum framework
• Understanding of the nexus between ASRH, gender and basic literacy and numeracy skills and leadership development to education learning outcomes attendance, retention, and completion
How To Apply
Click View More Information Button VIEW MORE INFORMATION